The Clearwater Basin Collaborative is a diverse group of regional interests working together to craft a plan for the protection, use, and management of national forest land within the Clearwater Basin. Click here for a map of the Clearwater Basin in Idaho.
Headwaters Economics is working with the Clearwater Basin Collaborative to better understand the evolving economic and fiscal role of public lands in central Idaho.
These two reports analyze the economic and fiscal challenges facing the Idaho and Clearwater Counties, and provide recommendations to improve economic prospects and fiscal health.
- Economic Challenges and Recommendations (344K pdf)
- Fiscal Challenges and Recommendations (125K pdf)
These county-level profiles analyze variables such as population, jobs, personal income, and relationships between economic sectors.
- Idaho County Socioeconomic Profile (250K pdf)
- Clearwater County Socioeconomic Profile (250K pdf)
- Aggregate Idaho and Clearwater Profile (250K pdf)
These county-level profiles describe federal land payments to counties and analyze their importance to local governments.
- Idaho County Fiscal Profile (80K pdf)
- Clearwater County Fiscal Profile (80K pdf)
Rails to Trails in Clearwater County
This fact sheet describe some of the economic benefits of rails to trails for local governments.
- Rails to Trails in Clearwater County (212K pdf)