Climate change is a real and growing concern for Missoula County. To learn more and involve the community, Headwaters Economics–in cooperation with the Clark Fork Coalition and the Geos Institute–recently convened a Climatewise Workshop.
At the workshop, local experts and residents learned about the latest climate science and potential risks for Missoula County, and applied their local knowledge and experience to identify strategies to prepare for possible changes.
Report and Five Action Plans
- Primer Report on Climate Change and Missoula County
- Local Impacts from Climate Change in Missoula County
- Wildfire Severity Tied to Growth in the Wildland-Urban Interface
- Increased Flooding and Declines in Water Quality
- Declining Snowpack and De-Watering of Rivers
- Fish and Wildlife Disruptions and Declines
Interactive Web Resources
Four interactive graphics let you explore the main economic, social, and environmental threats to Missoula County, and the strategies suggested at the workshop to confront these threats.