Headwaters Economics recently updated several free, easy-to-use economic tools with the latest data and trends for every county in the country.
Our Economic Profile System, for example, now has the latest data (through 2014) from the Bureau of Economic Analysis for every county in the nation. These new data include employment, personal income, labor earnings by industry, unearned income by source, and more.
We also updated our West-Wide Economic Atlas, an interactive map to quickly explore socioeconomic and land use trends in the West at the county or state level (sample image at right).
Another “one click” tool is the map (below) which provides a quick socioeconomic report (PDF) that shows trends through 2014 for population, employment, personal income, earnings and jobs by industry, non-labor income, and more—along with helpful explanatory text, citations, and additional resources.
Mouse over a county to see its name. Click on a county to open its report.
Data and Tools
- Socioeconomic Profiles: the Economic Profile System (EPS) is free, easy-to-use software that provides detailed reports at the community, county, or state level. EPS offers 14 specific reports, including one on Travel and Tourism.
- West-Wide Economic Atlas: Interactive map to quickly explore socioeconomic and land use trends in the West at the county or state level.
- Non-Labor Income: Research and interactive on unearned income, which represents 60 percent of net personal income growth in the last decade, and 41 percent of total personal income in the West.
We also have updated two interactive maps showing commercial activities on National Forests--gross receipts, timber harvest sales, and timber cuts--at a variety of scales.
- Gross Receipts from Commercial Activities: View and download data on gross receipts from all commercial activities at the National Forest, State, and National Forest Region scale for Fiscal Years 1986 to 2014.
- Timber Cut and Sold Reports: Cut and sold data on timber volume, value, and price can be viewed and downloaded at the National Forest, State, and National Forest Region scale for Fiscal Years 1980 to 2014.